Bed Bugs Treatment
Bed Bugs Pest Control – Bud Bug Inspection and Treatment
Waltham Pest Control provides residential and commercial bed bugs inspection and treatment services throughout Greater Boston Massachusetts. If you have or think you might have a bed bug problem or infestation, then don’t delay and call Waltham Pest Control today to have our pest control technician inspect your home or business for bed bugs.
Call Waltham Pest Control today for a bed bug inspection and bedbugs treatment estimate in MA 781-893-2146.
What You Need to Know About Bed Bugs
Bedbugs are 3/16” long, oval, very flat, without wings and are blood feeders. Bedbugs hide in cracks and crevices during the day and at night crawl to their host and feed on blood by piercing the skin with their sharp mouth parts. Feeding occurs for only a few minutes and only a small amount of blood is taken. Reaction to the bites can be welts or no reaction depending upon the individual. Inspection clues are small red or brown fecal dots on surfaces. The spots may be on bedding, in appliances near bed, furniture, ceiling edges, outlets and other crevice areas. Hiding places for bedbugs include any crack or crevice, and not limited to: mattresses, headboards, furniture, behind baseboards, clocks, electrical equipment and wall voids.
How to identify Bed Bugs
Bedbug populations can increase relatively quickly. Bedbugs are not proven to transmit disease but have been found to harbor disease organisms. Adult Bed Bugs measure 3/16 inch long, and are broadly oval and flat and are amber to reddish brown in color, depending on how recently they fed. A bedbug has piercing-sucking mouth parts which enable it to pierce the skin and suck blood from its victim When present in sufficient numbers, it is possible to detect an obnoxiously sweet or foul “locker room” odor, which is emitted from their glands.
They are attracted by warmth and the presence of carbon dioxide. The bug pierces the skin of its victim with two hollow tubes. With one tube it injects its saliva, which contains anticoagulants and anesthetics, while with the other it withdraws the blood of its victim. After feeding for about five minutes, the bug returns to its hiding place. The bites cannot usually be felt until some minutes or hours later, with the first indication of a bite usually coming from the desire to scratch the bite site.
How To Prevent Bed Bugs
- Keeping a clean household (bed linens and clothing) will generally allow for bedbugs to be noticed quicker than if the living area is un-kept.
- Avoiding bedbug infested areas, since these pests can be brought home via used furniture or personal belongings, they are known as the great hitch-hiker.
- Hotels or apartment complexes should not move tenants of infested rooms to new rooms as this spreads the infestation.
Customer Preparation for Bed Bugs Treatment
- Remove and wash all linens from beds. Drying linens and clothes at a high heat of 115o F will kill bedbugs.
- Clean all miscellaneous items from the floor and launder.
- Remove all items including drawers from bureaus, nightstands, trunks, etc., for treatment to those items.
- Disassemble bed frame completely.
- Remove all pictures and items from walls.
- Vacuum thoroughly to remove any dead insects or frass present.
- Remove all electric outlets and switch plates for treatment to those areas.
- Vacuum all areas of mattresses and box springs and leave them standing against wall for encasement installation by service technician.
- Discard all pillows and stuffed animals outside of the home.
Note: Preparation Is Necessary In Order To Obtain Maximum Benefit From The Treatment. Waltham Pest Control Reserves The Right To Charge $100 Per Hour For Preparation By The Pest Control Technician.
Waltham Pest Control Beg Bed Treatment
In order to completely eliminate bed bugs from a dwelling it’s necessary to treat more than just the room where people are getting bitten by bed bugs at night. Most of the bedbugs will be in the room close to the person getting bitten, but they can travel quickly across floors, walls and ceilings. They can also get spread around the home when we move items such as; clothing. The best way to totally eliminate a bed bug infestation is to thoroughly treat the problem room along with all surrounding areas.
- Bed Bug control requires a thorough insecticide application to living areas and bedrooms.
- Key to bed bug control is thoroughness of treating all cracks where bedbugs can hide.
- Treat cracks and crevices at baseboards, ceiling edges, loose wallpaper, curtains and other areas.
- Outlet and switch plates are removed and treated behind with dust.
- Furniture is treated on the underside, under cushions and other areas that are not contacted.
- Effect of the application may be noticed in a couple days but complete control may take weeks depending on level of infestation.
- Additional bed bug insecticide applications may be necessary depending on level of infestation and thoroughness of preparation.